Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

I own 7 dresses that I'll never wear again.  I've caught bouquets, danced dozens of chicken dances and been a joyful attendant at more weddings than a priest.  From booking strippers to making diaper cakes, I've shepherded my closest girl friends through the greatest days of their lives as they've gotten married and started families.  And I was happy to do so.  But now it's my turn.

The only glitch is I haven't actually found someone to marry.

But why should a little thing like that stop me from having my dream wedding?  It shouldn't!  And it's not going to.  So in honor of my upcoming 40th birthday, I'm throwing My Big Fat Fake Wedding.  I don't know if I'll eventually meet my Prince Charming, but I do know he's gonna miss one hell of a party!


No comments:

Post a Comment